Saturday, May 24, 2008

what type of mother are you?

I read about this quiz here and again here and decided to see what it had to say about me.

Apparently, I am an “Action Adventure” Mother:

Active and spontaneous, the ESTP mother can turn ordinary life into a fun-filled adventure. She makes dull routines exciting and chores a “let’s do it again” kind of game. Her best times are those spent with her children actively doing, particularly if it’s spur of the moment, innovative, and unconventional.

Full of energy and enthusiasm for living in the moment, the ESTP mother gives her children every opportunity to experience all that life has to offer — touching, seeing, moving, doing ... and meeting people. She’s interested in stimulating their senses so they can take life in and live it.

The ESTP mother is matter-of-fact—“what you see is what you get.” She mothers without hidden agendas and takes life and people as they are. Her children know where they stand. She is able to develop a close relationship with them based on honesty and a strong family orientation as well as sharing a wide variety of experiences.

I would not describe myself as an Action/Adventure person (that sounds like someone who does lots of rock climbing and mountain biking, which is sooo not me), but this is a fairly accurate description of the kind of mother I am on a good day, the kind of mother I strive to be. Other days I am lazy, irritable mother in need of more sleep but this quiz did not seem to have a category for that. So Action Adventure Mother it is!

4 comments:

  1. What an interesting quiz! I took the quiz also and found that some of it sounds fairly accurate for me as well.
    —The “Give 'Em Their Space” Mother

    “My feelings are my own business. Not theirs.
    So I honor their privacy too.”

    *
    Non-intrusive and respectful of differences, the ISTP mother gives her children the personal space they need to develop as separate, self-sufficient individuals. As children grow and mature, she enjoys observing how each one becomes his or her own person. She seeks to accept and honor each child’s interests, opinions, and choices.
    *
    The ISTP mother does not believe in authority or control for its own sake. Instead, she favors a non-directive approach. Yet she has high expectations for each child’s self-discipline as a key to self sufficiency.
    *
    To these ends, the ISTP mother wants to “be there” for her children—to meet their basic needs and keep them safe. Her goal is to help her children think for themselves and take responsibility for their own actions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh... this is a test that I need to take. THANKS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. totally taking this quiz...will be back to let you know :)

    but love how you said this is the kind of mother i am on a "good day." tee hee!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey there friend...you and I are both chock full of Action and Adventure!! See i knew i liked you!

    So what should we do tomorrow? Take the kids parasailing? hee hee

    ReplyDelete