Claire's big birthday bash was on Sunday. Last year, for her first birthday, I invited every friend, family member and neighborhood kid we knew. This year I kept the guest list a bit smaller in the hope of 1) not spending an insane amount of money and 2) actually being able to spend some time with Claire at her party.
Like every event I host, I managed to get myself all stressed out trying to do too many things in too little time. Of course, I planned the girls outfits but not my own. Of course, it was much hotter than I expected. Of course, I have not bought myself any new summer clothes yet which means I ended up wearing a sleeveless top at my daughters second birthday party that was in fact a maternity/nursing top.
The good news is, I think Claire enjoyed every minute of her party. All of her favorite people were there- mommy, daddy, big sis, the grandparents, the god parents, the uncles, the aunties and her neighborhood friend.
She happily ran around, played and ate. We opened presents and she successfully blew out the candles on her much anticipated Ariel cake.
We wish you a great year baby girl!

Oh my, if she isn't a princess I don't know WHO IS! How cute.
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday!
She is adorable! I LOVE the cake pics :)
ReplyDeleteWe did the same for our daughter's 2nd party. We had more people than we could fit in our house for her 1st b-day, and just a handful for her 2nd. Sometimes, simple is so much better :)
So cute - what a fun birthday you planned! She is just adorable...I love how she smiles with her whole face - she always looks so happy!
ReplyDeleteWhat a sweet princess birthday! My little one is turning 3 next month. I am pretty sure Ariel will be all over her cake as well.
ReplyDeleteWe always just do families for birthdays, but our family is quite large so that ends up being quite a huge party. I am not sure what I will do when my kids start insisting we add tons of friends to the mix!
i just love that first picture!!
ReplyDeleteand that dress!! sooo cute :)
oh she looks so cute in her crown :)
ReplyDeleteThanks for visiting my blog. What an adorable birthday girl, I love the dress! My little girl will have her 2nd birthday party in July and I'm doing one big party for her and her brother since they are only 11 days apart. It should be fun but I need to remember not to stress and make sure we all enjoy it together also!
ReplyDelete*oh and I just posted again, our robins flew away yesterday after my post.
I LOVE her dress! Where did you get it? She looks so happy and what a cutie with her little crown! Glad she had a good day. :)
ReplyDeleteYes, I need to know where you got the dress! Not that my daughter NEEDS any more this summer, lol.
ReplyDeleteI got the dress at Burlington Coat Factory, which is a discount store here in MA.
ReplyDeleteStrangely enough, our local store has a great selection of girly dresses!