Today in Gymboree:
Abby: Oh, look at this dress mommy.
Me: I think it is actually a night gown.
Abby: Can I have it pleeease???
Me: Honey, you don't need new nightgowns today.
Abby: But Mommy, I need this nightgown because tomorrow is pajama day at school and all of my pajamas are old and nubby.
Four years old and this is what she came up with. The very same reasoning used by women everywhere as they buy new clothes. Is this genetically programed behavior? Some sort of female shopping gene?
She is four. I am screwed.
And for the record I did not buy the nightgown, but to be honest I feel a little bad because it was cute and her reasoning was pretty impressive for a four year old. Not to mention the fact that I can so relate to the feeling of "needing" something new for a special occasion.
I did, however, treat the girls to cupcakes for being such good shoppers.
Abby: Oh, look at this dress mommy.
Me: I think it is actually a night gown.
Abby: Can I have it pleeease???
Me: Honey, you don't need new nightgowns today.
Abby: But Mommy, I need this nightgown because tomorrow is pajama day at school and all of my pajamas are old and nubby.
Four years old and this is what she came up with. The very same reasoning used by women everywhere as they buy new clothes. Is this genetically programed behavior? Some sort of female shopping gene?
She is four. I am screwed.
And for the record I did not buy the nightgown, but to be honest I feel a little bad because it was cute and her reasoning was pretty impressive for a four year old. Not to mention the fact that I can so relate to the feeling of "needing" something new for a special occasion.
I did, however, treat the girls to cupcakes for being such good shoppers.
In addition to Gymboree, we went in five non-kid stores and they told me I looked fancy beautiful in everything I tried on.
What more could a Mom ask for?

I try to always have my Ladybug fall asleep in her stroller before I go into Gymboree! She (and me too) is a sucker for their gowns! I have started buying them a size too big because they last so well for us! Not to mention the fact that they are so darn cute. (We got the stripe one last time we were in! It was on sale too!)
ReplyDeleteI usually only get accessories there. Their prices are NUTS! Children's Place is much more my price range, but they don't have the precious gowns.
Woohoo! Sounds like shopping was a success :) I adore those cupcake faces!
ReplyDeleteShopping + cupcakes = the perfect day!! (Not to mention looking fancy beautiful...!) So fun!
ReplyDeletethey totally deserved those cupcakes. what sweethearts.
ReplyDeletefancy beautiful huh?? what could be better than that??
ReplyDeleteoh cupcakes :)
what a fun day!!
"You look beautiful Mommy," absolutely deserves a cupcake! I love that reasoning. It is amazing how much they can reason out so young, isn't it? As adults we often underestimate them.
ReplyDeleteSo sweet! I love "nubby" and "fancy beautiful", too precious:)
ReplyDelete