Abby is strong willed. Intense. Not the most patient. Determined to do things her way. Somewhat like, um, me actually.
Ours is not an easy relationship.
Our days are filled with negotiation and compromise. She has to wait for things. She has to wear clothes. She has to eat healthy food. She has to say please. She has to be nice to her sister. She has to go places she does not want to go. The list of demands put on her is endless and the daily job of being her mother is rather thankless.
Today was the Mother's Day tea party at Abby's preschool. A fun filled tribute to Mom including singing, art work and baked goods.
I was one of the last mothers to walk into the classroom, but when Abby saw me she was the first of all the kids to jump up and run over.
"Mommy!! "she cried, a grinning blur of ribbons and white dress flying towards me.
She really does love me. Really.
I thanked her for the tea and the plant and the picture she made of me, but that one hug was the best Mother's Day gift of all.

She's really a cutie. That was a sweet post. :)
ReplyDeleteoh honey!! look at the two of you!! sooo sweet :)
ReplyDeleteisn't it great to be loved??
happy, happy mothers day!!
There really is NOTHING like it. Unconditional love.
ReplyDeleteHappy Mother's day.
How sweet! And what a great picture. I have been reading about other "Mother's Day tea parties", and now am a little bummed my daughter's school didn't have one. She would have LOVED it.
ReplyDeleteHow adorable! I love tea parties! I actually think my own daughter, who still has the attention span of a, well, a two year old, would be bored in five seconds, but I would be in heaven! Ah well. Someday.
ReplyDeleteAlso, I never realized until I saw this picture, but you look EERILY similar to my husband's aunt and her daughter. Like a perfect cross between them. And you should take that as a compliment, because the daughter has done modeling. Her hair is JUST like yours.
The perfect gift! Happy Mother's Day!
ReplyDelete