7:30 Wake up in a silent house and jump in the shower.
7:45 Dry my hair, put on makeup and get dressed, since the house is still quiet. This day is starting off well.
8:00 The house is still quiet. Both kids are still sleeping, which never happens. With giddy excitement I make my tea and log on to my computer.
8:30 Abby rolls out of bed, forages around the fridge and finds some leftover pizza she desperately wants to eat for breakfast. I do a quick mental review of her last few meals (pizza at ballet rehearsal, lunch at Friendly's). Nope, pizza for breakfast is not happening.
9:00 Claire rolls out of the crib and is quickly kissed all over, changed, dressed and feed.
9:30 Friends arrive to pick us up for a trip to the Aquarium.
10:30 We arrive at an Aquarium packed with kids on school field trips. Note to self: Next year do not forget that the end of May is field trip season.
11:30 Give up on the Aquarium and take the kids to the park for a picnic lunch. I do not have either sunscreen or a lunch for my kids but luckily the other mom has all this covered. Yay for organized friends!
1:00 The kids bore of the playground for various reasons, so we move on to Faneuil Hall for a snack. My four year old is doing lots of whining about having to walk. I am not carrying a forty pound child around the city, so I decide a rare treat of caffeine and sugar is in order.
1:30 Return to a much calmer Aquarium with energized kids and enjoy some fish and seal watching.
2:30 Kids bore of the Aquarium and are packed up and brought home where they play outside until dinner time.
5:00 I begin the dinner, bedtime and bathtime routine in giddy anticipation of opening a bottle of wine and doing whatever I want tonight since the husband is out late and I have the house to myself.
8:00 As bedtime drags on, I review all of things I still have to do to prepare for tomorrows ballet recital (by myself since my husband is out late) before I get to that bottle of wine. No, there will be no extra bedtime books from Mommy tonight.
10:00 Food has been prepared. The house is clean and filled with fresh lilacs. Finally, I sit down with that glass of wine, answer some emails finalizing weekend plans (Sex and the City, the movie!!) and debate what to do with this delicious bit of free time in my quiet, clean house: edit photos from today's trip, watch DVRed Real Housewives of NYC bonus footage or blog.
Yup, a very good day in this job.
Childless friends, be very, very afraid.

That sounds delicious!!! What a great day.
ReplyDeleteI just made that same mental note about the aquarium near us last week ;-)
It's an amazingly blessed life, isn't it.
My princess has that same pink headband, but not nearly that much gorgeous hair.
Sounds like you had one of those super busy, super fun days. I love days like that! (Even if I'm too tired to function afterwards.)
ReplyDeleteAnd oh man! I'm going to have to TiVo the Real Housewives when I get home. I forgot to set it before I went on vacation. I can't wait to see Simon's reaction to being asked if he's gay!
Gonna see SATC tomorrow. I can't wait!
I can't get over how yummy that treat looks. I want one.
ReplyDeleteI know exactly what you mean about a "good day". Just having my kids sleep past 7:30 is a HUGE treat. They wake happy and calm and the entire day is just easier and nicer.
ReplyDeleteSATC? I am so jealous. I really LOVE LOVE LOVE that show and am dying to see the show but do not know one single other person who wants to. I may be off all by myself!
Wow! That sounds like a perfect day!
ReplyDeleteoh how i love these kind of days! so glad u blogged it...you know for the days that don't go this lovely. it's always nice to remember they do exist!
ReplyDeletehope the recital goes well :)
Sounds like a lovely day :) I LOVE the aquarium in Boston!! I keep forgetting you're just outside of the city too!
ReplyDeleteHope you're having a great weekend.
What a fun day! I wish we had an aquarium here!
ReplyDeleteYour girls are too cute, by the way! And I was way too much of a wuss to do a daily photo post. But once a week (usually) gives me more than enough time to get it together!